'

dimanche 19 avril 2015

Easy Homemade Ice Cream Cake




You will need:
1 Box of whoppers
1 Box of ice cream bars
Cool whip
Chocolate sauce
I like to use an 8 by 8 glass baking dish to make my ice cream cake in.  A Package with 12 ice cream bars fits perfectly into that sized pan.

1. Layer the bottom of your pan with ice cream bars, cut to fit sides if you need to.
2.  Add a layer of Cool Whip
3.  Crush some whoppers (I use my magic bullet on the pulse setting) and sprinkle them over the Cool Whip
4.  Add some chocolate syrup over the whoppers
5.  Add another layer of Ice cream bars
6.  Add another layer of Cool Whip
7.  Add another layer of crushed Whoppers  (I also add some whole whoppers to the top)
8.  Add a pretty layer of chocolate syrup swirled over the top
9.  Add decorative sprinkles to match your occasion

I usually make these in advance before a party or get together and store them in the freezer covered in saran wrap.  The glass pan makes the cake easy to transport, and store leftovers, but doesn’t detract from how pretty the cake looks when it is all done.
This cake was a hit in my house, and I would bet it would be in yours too!  I can’t wait to give it a try using mint chocolate chip ice cream sandwiches, and experiment with other flavors.  You could really get crazy trying different combinations.  Anything from different chocolates or candies, caramel syrups, fruit syrups, chocolate or french vanilla dessert toppings, or fruit.  The possibilities are endless!

When I am making this as an after dinner treat for just our family of four I simply cut the recipe in half and make it in a glass loaf pan.  It is the perfect size for our little family, and easily stores the leftovers for another night.  If you have never attempted a homemade ice cream cake before, this is the way to do it, and no one needs to know how easy it was!  I’m anxiously awaiting a warm summer night to enjoy this cake again with my family.  It is the perfect way to end a summer day.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire